Dominican Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Dr. César Castillo de los Santos (Founding Member)
The Dominican Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (SODOCIMEB), a member of the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO by acronym in English), was founded on December 13, 2011, and the constituent assembly is on March 1, 2012 by 17 founding members surgeons. It is an entity that is non-profit, union, professional and scientific, comprised of professionals from the national health and foreigners engaged in study, research and ethical management of obesity related metabolic diseases and disorders eating behavior to be handled through the Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery.
The Society has the following objectives:
- To claim that the exercise of the medical and para- medical specialty devoted to the study and management of obesity and its related diseases, the highest ethical and scientific standards are maintained and that this exercise is . Additional humanitarian and inspired by a clear sense of social benefit.
- To protect the professional interests of professionals dedicated to the study and management of obesity and its associated diseases.
- Set guidelines for practitioners of the Company, to perform their profession in ethical conditions .
- Advisory body be individual and related public entities in the study and management of obesity and its associated diseases, especially as they relate to human resource studies and university programs specialist training issue.
- Organise monthly meetings to discuss issues and scientific updates .
- Editing a scientific journal aimed at disseminating the experiences and research . And the creation of official network page .
- Establish mechanisms to encourage the publication of texts that help increase the teaching of the subject .
- Encourage fair , ethical and moral competence , which never questioned or impaired practice of other members.
- Establish protocols and algorithms : patient selection and procedure , preparation requirements and laboratory assessments , monitoring, emergency management of complications of bariatric patient .